In this post we will discuss the comprehensive step by step guide on How to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with a 5.5 inch HD Display, 1.6 GHz Octa Core Processor coupled with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB Internal Storage. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with new features like Doze Mode, Updated App Permissions, Security Updates, Performance enhancements.
A. Important Prerequisites before updating Samsung Galaxy J7 –
- Install the relevant Samsung USB drivers for the device.
- The update process will work on Rooted Samsung Galaxy J7 devices only.
- Do remember to charge the device up to 80 percent battery level, to prevent the device from being temporarily bricked, if the update process stops mid way.
- The Custom ROM is for Samsung Galaxy J7 devices with Model Number – SM-J700F/H/M variants.
- Do Not attempt the recovery flash on devices with different Model Number or the device may get bricked.
- Make sure to back up device as the update process may lead to data loss/wipe.
- Make sure to backup EFS and Device to be able to revert back to original OS in case of any error in update process.
- Use Titanium Backup Pro or TWRP Recovery to back up device.
- Installation of Custom ROMs may void warranty or harm device performance.
- Perform the process only if you are familiar with rooting and flashing.
- The custom ROM is based on CyanogenMOD 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy J7 – SM-J700 F/H/M.
B. Step by Step Guide on How to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow –
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 custom ROM from – here.
- Make sure to check model number of your device and download the corresponding ROM.
- Download Google Apps from for Android 6.0 from – here.
- The Google Apps Stock package for Android ARM 6.0 is recommended.
- Place both the zip files in the Device Internal memory or External SD Card via PC or micro-SD transfer.
- Turn off the device and reboot in Recovery Mode – Press Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously.
- Enter the Recovery Mode use Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate, Power to select the highlighted options.
- Select Wipe Date/Factory Reset. Wipe Data, Cache, Wipe Cache Partition, Advanced – Dalvik Cache.
- After Data wipe, Select – ”Install Zip from SD Card” in Recovery Mode.
- Select Choose zip from SD Card – Navigate to location of Custom ROM.
- Select Custom ROM and Install.
- After successful install of custom ROM, select Google Apps package from SD Card and Install.
- After successful install of Google Apps package, select – Go Back option – Select Reboot System now from Recovery menu.
- The Samsung Galaxy J7 will now boot in Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Go to Settings – About Phone to check Android version of the device.
This is our step by step How to update Samsung Galaxy J7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. Do comment below if you have any queries regarding the update process, or if you want to share with us your experience of updating your Samsung Device.